Saturday, March 19, 2011

Why is a good scone so hard to find?

Surely I'm not alone in thinking that a good scone is hard to find!

Have you ever tasted one of those hideous objects  that dares to masquerade as a scone in Starbucks (the worst offender) or Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (easily first runner-up)? And don't even get me started on the  "low fat" abominations.  Come to think of it - have you ever seen anyone actually buy one of those incredibly dry,  stick to the roof of your mouth, just about impossible to swallow, monster size hockey pucks? There always seem to be plenty of them left at the end of the day.

I say the time has come to revive the tarnished reputation thrust upon the unfortunate scone by corporate tea and coffee factories and allow it to take its place atop the culinary  pedestal. Cupcakes are so yesterdays news. Pies (thanks to my friend Beth Howard ) have definitely earned their place in the spotlight and rightfully so. But now it's time for the nation to treat their collective taste buds to the joys of a beautiful, light, buttery, fruity scone!  Join me in my crusade!!!
Recipe ideas to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment