Monday, April 4, 2011

tea party sing along...

We catered a beautiful vintage 85th birthday tea party on Saturday for a darling client and 45 of her closest friends.  They were all decked out in hats and gloves and their Sunday best, just adorable and not in the least bit stuffy. Those ladies were knocking back the champagne, chowing down on the tea sandwiches and generally having a grand old time of it. I guess that by the time you reach that stage of the game you really don't give a damn about too much else; other than enjoying life to its fullest. They certainly made me smile and appreciate the big picture and the power of friendship
But I think my favorite part of the day was the entertainment: a barbershop quartet who sang a fabulous collection of  standards from the 20s and 30s - I think it took the gals back to a kinder, gentler time in their lives. It was such a treat to see and hear them all singing and swaying along to the music (I think the champagne really helped). A truly happy afternoon. It was hard work, but my staff and I left that party with big smiles and happy hearts. Barbershop quartets rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment