Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tea Totalers in C Magazine...

Has anyone else read the article "Tea Totalers"  in this months C Magazine? Talk about putting the Priss (with a capital "P") back into tea!
Highfalutin chefs should just not be allowed to mess with something that's meant to be as simple and stress free as tea time. I hate fussy food. I plead with all you fancy schmancy chefs out there to please keep your mitts off tea time and concentrate your efforts where they are needed and expected, such as "fine dining" .
Please believe me that drinking tea is a passion of mine, and I'm always looking for tasty new blends, but really: "Taiwan Jinxuan Milk Oonlong-redolent of butterscotch, pineapple and incredibly butter"!!!!!! And to quote the author of said article "it's all orchestrated as it it were caviar or truffles". Why, why, why make it all so complicated??? I say PG Tips Rules!

Oh and the $1,518.00 gold tea pot featured on the cover page of the article is, to say the least, way over the top. My poor old English Granny is quite possibly gyrating in her grave.  That's what we in the UK would call a real "fuck off" teapot.

No comments:

Post a Comment